Job Roles and Responsibility of an Airport Manager/ Director/ Management Shruti Priya [MBA IIM-s] Manager HR [ Internship Incharge] AirCrews Aviation Pvt. Ltd.
Job Roles and Responsibility of an Airport Manager / Director / Management
Education and Training Required:
• Directors and managers of an Airport are responsible for providing Airline services usually requires a college degree in one of the following areas- Airport management, business administration, aeronautical or civil engineering
• Managers of small Airports can qualify only with a high school diploma. Still, they must have 3-5 years of experience in jobs associated with Airport services like fixed-base operator, superintendent of maintenance, etc.
• To manage the Airport, one may have had experience as an assistant at the Airport can act as a plus point.
• Airport managers do not need to be pilots, but they must have aviation and business management expertise.
• Knowledge of different languages is an asset for Airport Manager as they have to communicate with people worldwide.
• Usually restricted to the field of aviation or Airport
• Manage personnel and operational activities
• Ensure that Airport staffs follow aviation and security rules
• Monitor and manage all expenses
• Ensure customer complaints are handled and resolved in an accurate and timely manner
• Develop and implement safety policies and practices
• Manage Aircraft fueling, heating, cleaning, etc. before the flight
• Ensuring Airport facilities
An Airport manager /director has to take care of multiple roles. The key responsibilities of the Airport manager include:
1) Manage the daily operations of an Airport. They are responsible for supervising the staff, implementing operating procedures, and monitoring Airport expenditures.
2) Ensuring that all the departments of the Airport are functioning and are in coordination with each other.
3) Assign the daily projects to the staff of the Airport or supervising the construction work.
4) Work with Airlines and shuttle services to ensure smooth arrival and departure of passengers.
5) Interact with customers if needed and be the outward face of the Airport developing
6) Maintaining positive relationships between the Airport and its stakeholders, including Airlines, tour operators, local authorities, tenants, etc.
7) Accountable for preparing and delivering a business plan, Annual budget, and target plan.
8) Working towards increasing the value of Airport sales to all aeronautical and commercial customers, tenants and users.
9) Provide compliance with an integrated management system, which should focus on:
a. Safety Management System;
b. Environment Management System
c. Quality Management System
10) Responsible for the maintenance and development of healthy workplace culture which delivers sustainably high standards of the Airport.
11) Risk awareness and mitigation
12) Airport managers have to inspect runway grounds and lightings on a regular basis
13) Ensure Airport facilities and equipment are in good working order
In USA Their Job Role is to enforce the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) rules, manage security, negotiate Airport Contact and leases. They are responsible for supervising the staff, implementing operating procedures, coordination renovation projects, monitoring Airport expenditures and others.
Shruti Priya [MBA IIM-s]
Manager HR [ Internship Incharge]
AirCrews Aviation Pvt. Ltd.
Job Roles and Responsibility of an Airport Manager/Director/ Management
Shruti Priya [MBA IIM-s]